Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hi I'm Jason Buchert. My home town is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am the kicker for the John Carroll football team and I also played soccer in high school. When I'm not playing sports I really enjoy doing photography. I want to travel the world and take pictures of some of the most beautiful places. I also really enjoy music I mostly listen to country music and indie rock. My favorite indie bands are Mumford and Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Grouplove, Cage the Elephant, and Ben Howard. I will listen to all kinds of music even rap, though I would have to say this is my least favorite. I am also a huge movie person. I will watch any type of movie. My all time favorite movies are the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, which is why my high school friends called me Frodo, and soon the Hobbit Trilogy, once it is completed.  I'm not the biggest reader in the world, but if I find the right book I won't stop reading it. I am planning on majoring in criminology/sociology with a minor in psychology.

I am a pretty open person and a lot of the time I won't be afraid to speak my mind or challenge someone in class. However it really helps if everyone is contributing so I don't just seem like the snobby asshole in class.

I believe that the printing press was the most fundamental invention in history. It gave everyone a chance to get information out into the masses and to be able to produce the written word with efficiency. I believe that without the printing press mankind would still be yelling on street corners to get the news. Its almost comical to imagine a hundred people standing on the streets to listen to some guy scream the six o'clock news. I find a lot of the inventions in the world to be essential in my life but some that I use on a day to day basis would be my laptop, T.V., phone, ipod, microwave, refrigerator, and of course the wheel. I have worked with computers a ton over my four years of high school. I was involved in the cable channel productions and with photography which both require a ton of computer knowledge due to all the editing that goes in to creating a project. Because I was so involved in these two things I would say I am relatively experienced in digital media. However I am not so involved in the social media world. I am on Facebook and flicker, but other than that I am absent from the social media world. I would rate my technological proficiency at about a 5.

As for Dr. Shutkin my question to you would be how did you become interested in digital media? And what is you favorite color?



No comments:

Post a Comment